Ultimate Boss Battles
Welcome to the Ultimate Boss Battles official forum!

Posts can be made without signing up, but signing up ensures you receive benefits in game from activity on the forum.

Our group on NA in StarCraft always has the latest news. Join it by searching "ultimate boss battles" in groups in the client to receive notifications for events.

<a href="starcraft://group/1/89557">Click here to join the NA group for more details and real time information.</a>

The loot system

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The loot system

Post by UnstoppableClay on Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:28 am

How does the loot system work?

Do you get certain items from certain bosses and how is the chance of getting a rarer item affected by the difficulty?

UnstoppableClay

Back to top Go down

Re: The loot system

Post by Cherry797 on Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:48 pm

There are four notable gear sets:

Carapace (weaker attack gear)
Tainted (weaker casting gear)
Prismatic (stronger casting gear)
Cortical (stronger attack gear)

Two of each set (the head piece and back piece I think) can only be obtained through drops. The other two slots can only be purchased.

The tier determines which set drops and the difficulty determines the chance.

Tier 1: Only the weaker gear can drop
Tier 2: Equal chance for weaker and stronger gear to drop
Tier 3: Only the stronger gear can drop
Raid: Much high chance for stronger gear to drop

On certain bosses, non-gear set specific items may drop. However, pieces apart of the four gear sets are the best.

When we're allowed to update the map, we'll swap out the gear that can be purchased and dropped, as well as add more gear and more ways to obtain gear (i.e. crafting, questing). We'll also look into player trading.

Cherry797

Back to top Go down

Post by UnstoppableClay on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:40 pm

That is great info thanks heaps. Player trading would be a welcomed addition so we can trade/gift items and minerals to friends.

UnstoppableClay

Back to top Go down

Post by rawr on Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:40 pm

Yeah I've been enjoying the game, I just don't get the item system. Minerals are incredibly high unless you play solo so you can keep whatever drops. Also in pub games people roll usually, even if they don't care. Just a thought, trade would be welcome. You'll also see people being decked out on first game though, so put a bit of thought into it, maybe a level restriction?

rawr

Back to top Go down

Post by unusual on Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:02 pm

Mineralz aren't very useful, I only bought 1 item (cortical wings). Now I have over 10000 mineralz and I still don't know what to do with them. A trade system could be interesting, however I wouldn't recommend adding one. Reason being that a level1 (first time playing) could be fully geared and very rich if I just give some of my extra mineralz. Also, since you can cheat and modify your save, some people would do it and give millions of mineralz to new players, ruining their experience of the game.

Since you can sell watever you buy for the same price, mineralz cost are very cheap. You can slowly work your way to the best gear.

I would recommend, etheir doing no chances at all, or reducing the sell price of the items in the shop to about 1/2 or lower. People roll items they already have, just to get the mineralz from selling it, which isn't great when you really want that item. Even though you can't change how people act, you can make it less atractive to roll for just the mineralz.

unusual

Back to top Go down

Post by lpitade on Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:51 am

Hello, I want to know how to make new weapon because I do not understand the FUNCTIONING.
Thank you to answer me asap!

lpitade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top