Ultimate Boss Battles
Welcome to the Ultimate Boss Battles official forum!

Posts can be made without signing up, but signing up ensures you receive benefits in game from activity on the forum.

Our group on NA in StarCraft always has the latest news. Join it by searching "ultimate boss battles" in groups in the client to receive notifications for events.

<a href="starcraft://group/1/89557">Click here to join the NA group for more details and real time information.</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ultimate Boss Battles
Welcome to the Ultimate Boss Battles official forum!

Posts can be made without signing up, but signing up ensures you receive benefits in game from activity on the forum.

Our group on NA in StarCraft always has the latest news. Join it by searching "ultimate boss battles" in groups in the client to receive notifications for events.

<a href="starcraft://group/1/89557">Click here to join the NA group for more details and real time information.</a>
Ultimate Boss Battles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rock The Cabinet

4 posters

Go down

Rock The Cabinet Empty Rock The Cabinet

Post by Daleman Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am

As of July 08, 2014 Blizzard started the 7 day voting period for the Rock The Cabinet contest. Vote on your favorite maps in the following link. Thanks for every ones suggestions and help with the map making it a reality to be in the semifinals.

http://us.battle.net/arcade/en/blog/14569682/top-ten-arcade-games-revealed-play-vote-win-7-8-2014
Daleman
Daleman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rock The Cabinet Empty Re: Rock The Cabinet

Post by Cherry797 Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:11 pm

Every vote helps!

Content that will be added if we earn enough votes to make the top 5 (these will be added eventually anyway, but still):

- Story Mode

- Custom Boss Creator

- PvP Tournaments (after some heavy balancing, of course)

- Non-combat pets and expanded combat pets.

Also, all players who have played Ultimate Boss Battles at any time before the contest voting period ends will be able to choose one of several non-combat pets upon logging in following the first patch after the contest ends.

Feel free to suggest in this thread any non-combat pets you'd like to see apart of the options when choosing your unique pet.

Cherry797

Back to top Go down

Post by comfromal Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:46 pm

make sure to play the maps first, then judge! a uninformed vote is no better than no vote.  Ultimate boss battles is one of my favorite arcade games.  I hope it'll be yours too.
comfromal
comfromal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lozer650 Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:06 am

How did this map place on Rock the Cabinet?

When will the original map be updated

Anything else new to be updated?

I believe this map has one of the highest potential out of all the other maps to explode with the addition of custom items, more missions, and maybe like a place that has a "grind" sort of aspect. Instead of a single objective, have like an area where you can kill things, to get items/money/exp and things get harder, for those who have already killed/done everything, and the only way to get further is teamwork with various classes. Reminds me of like just doing something Diablo 2 or 3 related. (adding that re-roll function would be really nice too. Maybe two times to keep people wanting to get better. just gotta find a way to make them want to get better like better stats/skills and to actually need to get a stronger unit like super strong bosses that require re-rolled heros!)
Lozer650
Lozer650

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry797 Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:01 pm

When Ultimate Boss Battles' popularity is compared to the other 9 in the top 10, it's reasonable to assume we placed first in votes. Unfortunately, Blizzard hasn't made any statement since the conclusion of the voting period. As such, updates will be continued to be delayed indefinitely.

Thank you for your support.

By the way, what do you mean by re-rolled heroes?

Cherry797

Back to top Go down

Post by Lozer650 Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:26 pm

What I mean by that is kind of like the leveling system of RO (ragnarok online). You start off as a trainee, then you can specialize to something, lets say an acolyte, then once you reach a certain level, you can turn into 1 of two classes, say priest or monk, and then once you hit lvl 99 of 99, you can go onto a stronger version of the priest or monk, starting off at level 1. Sometimes they called it like Tier 1, 2, 3 heroes, and the tier 3 level 1 would start off with more stats than a level 1 tier 1 or 2 hero. So, in this case, since I reached level 15, maybe have it so we can go back to level 1 with that specific person, say Kerrigan, then she levels slower than normal, and/or has a higher cap, and is given more stats. I don't know how you would find the incentive or reasons on getting these higher tier heroes, but that would add another aspect of replayability. I would definitely love to achieve a higher level anyone if there is something to look forward to getting.

Does that description make sense?
Lozer650
Lozer650

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry797 Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:38 am

I see! Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been available.

It's a great idea. Keeping veteran players invested in the game is one of our top priorities.

As of now, all heroes have mostly the same stats. The differentiation in the heroes mostly comes from their starting ability and passive. Advanced stat specializations requiring a reroll of sorts would be an effective way to keep players invested. It's a change I think we can expect soon.

Cherry797

Back to top Go down

Post by Lozer650 Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:07 am

If you guys have a brainstorming session, I'd love to join and drop any ideas that I think would allow for an evolution of this great map into something that will give people more joy in playing multiple times. Programming stuff like this could be extremely taxing, so if that's the case, see if anyone in this community would be willing to assist (posting requests on loading screens help a lot as well). Multiple small updates to a map shows that the maker/devs are eager in keeping the map fun, updated and cooperation with those who play. That is how I feel about other maps.
Lozer650
Lozer650

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry797 Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:54 pm

Maybe we'll schedule a group brainstorm session via the UBB group in SC2.

Cherry797

Back to top Go down

Post by comfromal Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:12 pm

When though?  Everybody has a part to play in a way.
comfromal
comfromal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum