Ultimate Boss Battles
Welcome to the Ultimate Boss Battles official forum!

Posts can be made without signing up, but signing up ensures you receive benefits in game from activity on the forum.

Our group on NA in StarCraft always has the latest news. Join it by searching "ultimate boss battles" in groups in the client to receive notifications for events.

<a href="starcraft://group/1/89557">Click here to join the NA group for more details and real time information.</a>

Status of Ultimate Boss Battles

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Status of Ultimate Boss Battles

Post by Daleman on Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:30 pm

As of May 31 2014 the Ultimate Boss Battles map will not be updated on Battle.net untill the end of Blizzards "Rock the Cabinet" contest is over. Blizzard has requested this.

This does not mean that I'm no longer updated it until the contest is over. The current version of the game is saved on the Arcade as "Secret Map" This version has more features that are being developed and give testers a first hand look at the content to be added.
Daleman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Status of Ultimate Boss Battles

Post by Lozer650 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:35 am

Does that mean what we do on this "secret map" doesn't transfer over later on?

I'll make this like my review/suggestions thing too.

Arclite Cannon: Splash hurts teammates

Hunter: For a unit that requires to kill all bosses at extreme, he is highly weak. His passive is pretty weak as well. His skills should be far stronger, like his pets could give different auras each.

Support: He can not kill, hence his leveling is extremely limited, yet his support abilities are very poor, making it not desirable to use. This sentiment is similar to all units though.

Skills: The offensive and support skills are unique, and passives, but their defensive and ultimate are ALL the same. That being said, the Ultimate skill should be unique to each unit, thus giving it a reason to try another unit. I would like, on the description, how much damage the skill does ie. Kerrigan's mine seeker, and also their cool down.

Stats: Is there a reason for Energy regen? Do +shields even work? Who has shields initially?

Heros Levels: It would make it worthwhile to level if the unit could reroll once they hit max, and add like a glowing effect when they did. This would unlock new skills/attributes, and allows them to buy better item, craft items, upgrade them (if you choose to implement this. would be really fun), equip better equipment.

I think the leveling situation is fine, coming from a lvl 15+ Tychus. Sure, took me a while, but Zombie outbreak on Extreme gives decent exp. Also, dealing more damage = more exp, and I'm usually the one dealing most damage. There could also be an achievement, or like a "MVP of this round IS" sort of thing. Once someone collects a couple of them, maybe it can give him/her a ticket to roll for a strong item. Adding things that gives chance to getting something cool makes people play it more just to get that chance. I'd do it.

Prizes: Like achievements, prizes for anything/everything, giving people a reason to do something, like i stated before, MVP for most damage, least deaths, most revivals. Also, add challenges like "Kill XXX boss with only XXX weapon". The achievements you currently have are pretty nice though.

Equipment: I don't know what you have instored for this, but if you added a "craft your own armor" or upgrade attribute to this, like in Diablo, it will increase a lot of cool time, trying to achieve the best item possible. Do like "start with XXX armor, by using XXX item, it will increase your chance of giving the armor XXX stat" i dunno, that's probably to complex.

Well here are some of my ideas. The game is great, but without ongoing things to improve on, it loses its desire to keep playing it.
Lozer650

Back to top Go down

Post by Daleman on Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:27 am

All Ultimate Boss Battles maps share saved data. This includes versions with different names.

July 21st the production of the map will continue. Thanks for this list of bugs.
Daleman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry797 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:46 pm

Lozer650 wrote:Does that mean what we do on this "secret map" doesn't transfer over later on?

No, everything will transfer. At the moment, the amount of bosses in the test uploads (InDev/BosTest) isn't the same as the amount of bosses in the official release (UBB). As such, there are achievements that exist in the test uploads that don't exist in the official release. To prevent blank achievements from showing up in your achievement log, we've disabled those achievements from being earned and showing up as being earned in the log.

However, once the contest is over and we can continue modifying the official release, those achievements will be automatically awarded upon logging in if they were earned in a test upload.

Cherry797

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top